Bhí an comórtas filíochta seo ar oscailt:
1ú Bealtaine 2022 – 30ú Meitheamh 2022 (meánoíche)
Bhí sé ar oscailt do dhaoine a bhfuil cónaí orthu in Éirinn agus do dhaoine a bhfuil cónaí orthu in aon tír eile.
An Chéad Duais: €500 An Dara Duais: €300 An Triú Duais: €200
The winners were announced during the 2022 festival. More…
Tá hocht gcinn de chnuasaigh filíochta foilsithe as Gaeilge ag Louis de Paor. Ina meascsan, tá 30 Dán (1992), Seo. Siúd. Agus Uile (1996), Rogha Dánta (2012) agus Grá Fiar (2016).
Foilsíodh Obair Bhaile (LeabhairComhar), sraith dánta ar chúrsaí teaghlaigh agus caidrimh, sa bhliain 2021 agus an cnuasach dhátheangach Grá fiar/Crooked love (Bloodaxe) sa bhliain 2022. Sa leabhar áirithe sin, tá teacht ar thaifeadadh raidió den dán fada One day/Lá dá raibh le ceol nua-chumtha ó Dana Lyn a ainmníodh ar an ngearrliosta dosna New York Festivals Radio Awards 2022.
Louis de Paor has been involved with the contemporary renaissance of poetry in Irish since 1980 when he was first published in the poetry journal Innti which he subsequently edited for a time.
His most recent works are Obair Bhaile (LeabhairComhar, 2021) and Grá fiar/Crooked love (Bloodaxe 2022) which includes a recording of his collaboration with Dana Lyn, One day/Lá dá raibh, a bilingual performance using poetry and music to present a day in the life of an imagined village in the West of Ireland. The recording was broadcast by Lyricfm and Raidió na Gaeltachta in 2021 and shortlisted for the New York Festivals Radio Awards in 2022.
This competition was open to national and international writers. Entries can be sent from May 1st and will close at midnight on June 30th, 2022.
The winner of the An Fiach Dubh Comórtas Filíochta will receive €500 with awards of €300 and €200 for 2nd and 3rd place.
Our generous sponsor is the Progressive Credit Union. Go raibh míle maith agaibh!
We look forward to receiving your entries and very much hope to be able to meet you in Skerries at the festival in September.
- Open for entries from 1 May to 30 June 2022
- Open to national and international entrants, poems must be in Irish and not exceed 40 lines, must be the original work of a living writer and must not have been previously published, self-published, broadcast, awarded or have appeared anywhere online.
- Poems must be typed clearly. The name and contact details of entrant must not appear on the poems but must instead be entered on the official entry form for An Fiach Dubh 2022, along with the poems’ titles and first lines.
- NB: Your poem(s) must be in PDF or Word format. No other formats will be accepted.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Poems will not be returned and no alterations may be made to poems once they are submitted.
- Copyright of the winning poems will remain with the author but Fingal Poetry Festival reserves the right to arrange first publication or broadcast for the purposes of the festival.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your entries. Please make sure to check spam or junk folders. Successful poets will be notified in advance of the festival dates in September.
- We hope to invite the three winning entries to an awards ceremony in Skerries on September 17th, 2022.
How to Enter
Entry fee is €6.00 per poem, payable by PAYPAL. Please enter and pay for only up to 10 poems at a time.
- First go to PayPal.me/fingalpoetryfestival to pay your fee, or simply click on the image below. Our PayPal account address is firstname.lastname@example.org so
- Please take a note of your PayPal Transaction ID (This number will show on your screen after you’ve completed your payment and will also appear in your payment receipt email). You will need this to complete your Entry Form (see Point 3 below for Official Entry Form).
- Please complete the official Entry Form for An Fiach Dubh 2022 with your details and the title(s) of your poem(s), as well as your PayPal Identity Receipt Number. Submit your Entry Form.
- Then submit your poem(s) (up to 10 as listed by you on any one Entry Form) as attachment(s) to an email. Please enter only your (poet’s) name and brief contact details in the body of this email and send it to: email@example.com Remember: The name and contact details of entrant must not appear on the poems.
5. We will acknowledge receipt of poem(s) and payment.
NB: If you wish to enter more than 10 poems, please use another Entry Form and make a separate payment by PayPal, as outlined above, for these entries. Submit these poems by a separate email as per Point 4 above.